Pages

Saturday 31 January 2009

TURNING UP THE HEAT

Whoa mamma. It is hot, hot hot. Although Canberra isn't technically part of the heatwave that has swept across south-east Australia this week, anywhere that is still clocking in 38˚C at 7pm is too hot for this unhappy camper. It's times like these I wish I wasn't a crap swimmer.

I'm not sure whether or not I prefer this sizzling, energy-sapping heat to the cold and rain in London this time of year. In both cases the weather outside makes it difficult to leave the house. Although the place I'm housesitting at the moment has no air conditioning, no ceiling fans, only one standing fan (which is pointed at my bed) and windows that are nailed shut, so leaving the house is a rather attractive option.

I'm thinking of buying a cinema ticket tomorrow morning, then seeing if I can skulk around from theatre to theatre, slipping in with the paying customers to watch different movies but more importantly sitting on my arse in the air conditioning all day. Note to self: pack a lunch.



No comments: