Pages

Wednesday 20 May 2009

VISAVISAVISAVISAVIVSAVISAVISAVISAVISA

My UK working visa has finally been approved. Hurrah! It was SUCH a hassle getting it. Trawling through multiple UK government pages in an attempt to find clear guidance on the required documentation, fighting with Barclays Bank to get statements that conformed to the stringent visa application requirements (with each occasion eating up two weeks of my life as I waited for paperwork from the other side of the globe), being forced into handing over my fingerprints to the same government that lost the personal and banking details of 45,000 people last year as well as two (still unrecovered) CDs holding the child benefits details of 25 million families, and finally the long, long wait as their 6 week processing time turned into more than 2 months.

Not content with making my life a misery for three months, they continued to screw up what should have been the joyful visa approval by (a) forgetting to advise me of the outcome; and (b) posting it to my friend's house in Sydney despite me telling them I wanted to collect it from Canberra. Now I need to travel from Rocky-Sydney-Canberra-Sydney before flying out to Hong Kong on the 31st of May. Sheesh!

No comments: