Pages

Tuesday 10 July 2007

FARMS, FIELDS AND FORESTS

That was my first impression of Poland after flying in to land at Katowice airport. I'm very impressed that I've made it here to the hostel, as the journey today involved me having to leave the house at 7.30am which rarely works out well. I took a tram to Amsterdam Centraal station, a train to Eindhoven, a bus to Eindhoven airport, flew to Katowice, then caught a shuttle bus to Krakow. I'm now sitting in the hostel, having a bit of a rest and nursing my blisters before heading out later tonight.

I don't have anything exciting to write yet because I just arrived. My only observations to date are:

a) The airport guy guiding in the plane didn't have any of those ping-pong bats that other airplane waver people use. He must feel very sad about that, I know I do.

b) Katowice itself has some truly hideous buildings. I don't have the vocabulary to describe how ugly they are. However I did pass a humungous Ikea, so I presume the insides of those abominable buildings are full of clean and practical furnishings.

c) It appears as though many Polish men are attractive, although its possible I'm just hallucinating from lack of sleep.

That's it for now. I'll write again next time I can get access to the hostel internet machine.

I'm in Krakow!

No comments: