Pages

Tuesday 17 July 2007

PRAGUE

I survived the overnight train from Krakow without getting gassed and robbed of all my possessions, so that was a good start to my trip! Prague is a very photogenic city. Beautiful old buildings, bridges, the colours are lovely. I met up with four other Aussie girls, only one of whom I already knew, for a birthday weekend. Coordinating travel among people with different interests is always very tricky, so I didn't actually get to do a lot of the things I would normally do in a new town. Namely wandering aimlessly and stopping at local pubs and food stalls to sample the delights.

We didn't venture outside the tourist traps, and I've since found out we were paying 3 times the going rate for alcohol, but it was still a nice sample of what the city has to offer. I wouldn't mind coming back one day, maybe for a weekend trip, and getting to know Prague a little better.

Now I'm in Cesky Krumlov, a small town deep in the south of bohemia. I LOVE it here, and will write a separate entry if I ever get around to it :-)

No comments: